Tuesday, March 08, 2011

Spring?

Is spring really 11 days away? Hard to believe when this is the view from my South facing window. See my poor sheep in their snow and ice encrusted pasture?







If, while looking out that same south facing window, you looked down, this is what you would see. I have 148 tomato seedlings sprouted on all my south facing window sills.... And more planted. They aren't all for me but at least 60 of them are. (Amy, click on the photo and look at the label and you will see that the one in the middle says 'Cherokee Purple' - still growing the seeds you gave me for Christmas:)
























Here are my peppers just poking their heads out of the soil to the warm of my friend's plant heat pad and the light of my grow light.









And these are flower seedlings for flower baskets and gardens for Eryn's wedding... ah the preparations....








In the meantime, my garden looks like this. Still half the tomato stakes in the ground from last year because of the sudden and very hard freeze that never let up... well, gives me something to do this spring, anyways....


But what is on everyone's mind who lives in this old house is when can these guys go outside? 50 of them for Eryn's wedding dinner. Normally they would go outside today at 4 weeks old. But the ground is either wet and muddy or covered in snow - no space for these stinky critters. Hopefully next week we'll be able to get them out of the basement....

3 comments:

Laura said...

i can't wait for spring. eryn's wedding is coming up so fast!

Sarah-Lynn said...

Yes, it is. You are always so busy bustling about with so much work to do all the time, as if you needed more to do this spring, but way to be positive! I loooove tomatoes fresh from the garden!!

Rhiannon's World said...

The flower seedlings are mine... Well, not mine, but I planted them!
(mom always says they're not mine. But you know what? I think they are!)