Saturday, May 16, 2009

And then there were 5


We are one less cat (pic of Erin's cat, Saetia, courtesy of Andrew) and one less person around here. Erin has been home since last November and just moved out last night into a cute little apartment with a friend. It has been such a pleasure to enjoy this next phase in our relationship. I must say, I think she is an amazing person and I feel so blessed to have her as a daughter.

What can I say? I knew when she came back that it wouldn't be for very long. I know how fleeting this is when your children live under your roof - over way too fast - so I was happy to take every minute I could squeeze with all 4 of my children in one place. I recognize it for the golden moment that it is.

It just feels a little quieter and little emptier around here.... At least she is still in Vernon. I have a feeling I will be seeing her when her laundry bag is full... or she's out of cat litter or canned tomatoes....

1 comment:

sheila said...

Oh I want to cry just thinking about it. I wonder how I'll feel when my kids move out. I joke that by the time they move out I'll be so old I won't be ABLE to do anything really wild and crazy.

One day I am going to write a novel based solely on the Word Verifications I plug into people's blogs.