Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Obligatory Garden Pics

I don't know if I'm the only one who gardens based on what happened the year before.... Last year I tried to plant a year's worth of squash and got only 1 squash per plant.... Determined not to have that happen this year.... I pretty much have a garden of squash and tomaotes. This is my biggest bed and it has 6 squash plants in it.











And I commissioned this old stump into service - the squash are doing really well. The rabbits are contributing what they can to help...

And there are 5 more plants here on the last year's compost pile. They seem to love it there.

And that isn't all the squash I have. There is at least 1 squash plant in every bed as well as 4 zucchini plants. We are already getting so much squash between the zucchini, the spaghetti squash and the pattypans to eat squash for almost every meal... it is going to be a squash kind of year, I think....






And of course the tomatoes are really coming along.




I like the jungle-y look of my garden at this time of year - nary a piece of ground to be seen...


2 comments:

amyleigh said...

I'll want pictures of how the seeds I got you are doing as plants, of course. :D

sheila said...

This year what really struck me was the correlation between our lives and the life of the garden. And how glorious the garden is in June and early July. Even now my garden is looking a little hot and flustered!

I grew Ronde de Nice zucchini this year: what kinds did you grow? Would you grow them again? I don't know that I'd grow this kind again simply because if you let them get too big they cause havoc for the ones coming after them.