Saturday, April 14, 2007

Quality Family Time

Bribed with a pan of cinnamon buns from Friesens and the promise of DQ afterwards, my gang agreed to help me out with all the gardening around here. It was so much fun working together and boy did we get a lot done. Its amazing how much quicker it goes with 8 hands instead of two... Kaetlyn really got into raking!





Rhiannon planted some tulip bulbs and helped to water everything...







Mr Muscles/Fixit fixed up this bigger wheelbarrow and brought us loads of dirt. This flower bed is now resuscitated and ready to be replanted.









And of course it wouldn't have been complete without a leap into the huge pile of leaves....

My kind of quality family time.... 3 hours of yard work....

3 comments:

Laura said...

a day very similar to the kind dad would enjoy and lead...

Andrea said...

Yes, those days were on my mind... In Terrace, we always went to DQ afterwards, too, that's why I chose it. Seemed right. The big difference I think is that phrase, "my gang AGREED too...." lol I don't remember having much of a choice about gardening...

Anonymous said...

yeah but even though we never wanted to, it turned out to be a fun time together. Its nice to work together.