Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Just When...

I started dreaming about the colour of sage green I would paint Kaetlyn's room when she left and what a great sewing room and seedling room it would make... And just when I started to wonder about what it would be like to live with only two of my children and how empty the house would seem....

Just then it would seem that our house is again bursting at the seams. Erin came back home to stay for awhile. She is sharing a room with Andrew which is working remarkably well. They are very similar and well suited to each other. Who knows how long she will be here? Its all fine with me. For too short a time in the long run, I'm sure. But right now, my mother's heart is full. All 4 of my children under my roof. I have been a mother long enough to know how elusive that really is. I'll take what I can get!

2 comments:

sheila said...

Heya Andrea!

What nice comments you leave on my blog. Thank you. This post of yours made me kind of tear up - I can see those days in my not too distant future. I try to hold them clearly in my mind when the kids are making too much noise and driving me nuts.

Anonymous said...

How right you are. The great secret of life---enjoy to the hilt what you have while you have it.