Thursday, February 08, 2007

More About Spending My Weight

I realized when I was thinking about my eating habits that the times that I was eating compulsively were mostly times when I was not taking action that I needed to. This could be for a number of reasons. Like I was feeling overwhelmed because I had too many conflicting things that I needed to do... homeschool my kids.... mother..... clean house.... Inner World School.... window cleaning.... hats.... too many priorities. Or I was afraid of what I had to do or dreading it for some reason.

So for me, getting up and writing in my journal first thing clarifies where I am at emotionally instead of swallowing it all down (it always comes up again anyways - the feelings, not the food). And making lists for me takes it out of my head where it swirls around and around and I forget things that need to be done and worry that I will forget.... and so on. I write it all down. And I dedicate 2 hours a day to each area (and I include myself on the list). I never get all the things done on all the lists but that is okay. I get done what I can. And the next day sometimes I just work on the same list or I add things to the list or I start a fresh one. It is amazing what I can get done with a little consistent effort. And now I don't worry and I make a plan for dealing with the things I am dreading. And so I am not swallowing down my feelings. Which leaves me free to follow my own little weight loss program which is a combination of weightwatchers, "8 Minutes in the Morning" and "Eat Right for Your Blood Type". And I am enjoying it. And it is so much easier to do when I have dealt with my feelings and worries first. I guess the biggest stumbling block to good eating habits for me is emotional eating...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

that is what oprah and dr phil always says.

Anonymous said...

i mean say.

Mary-Sue said...

brilliant. inspiring.