Thursday, September 22, 2005

An Only Child

This is the 39th anniversary of when my term as an only child ended after only 14 months. Yup, my biggest (well, oldest - although he probably weighs the most) little brother is 39 today. Not that I remember his birth (or John's for that matter - my birth memories start with Layne's). I haven't called him yet today - not sure if I will.

I have a box of clothing for Katie (well, really for Natalie) that I am mailing off today. There is a bag inside of the box with the stuff that 'the cousins' left here during their visit. I have been sorting and sorting and sorting through clothes. There is still a mountain of clothing in the living room to sort. They are the things that might be a little too small or a little too big so Rhiannon has to try them on and she gets really tired of trying on clothes. Have to think of some reward... or something to keep it interesting.

Yesterday I walked and walked and walked. Wednesday is our long walking day. We walk down our hill, then through town and up East Hill to the homeschooling play group at Lakeview park. Rhiannon plays with the kids and I visit with the moms. And then she has violin lessons across the street. So we left at 10am and got home at 4pm. We did stop for an ice cream cone along the way. We also stopped at the violin shop to trade in her now-too-small-violin. But the store was closed although the sign said it was open. Very frustrating. We went to the library and came back. Still closed. We stopped by after the violin lesson on our way home. Still closed. (that's when we had the ice cream). Luckily it was a beautiful fall day so it wasn't such a bad day to be wandering around. But still, I was tired and fell right to sleep before 10pm

So not much interesting news. But the classes are beginning to come together but I think it will take a couple of weeks before the dust settles. Kaetlyn and Rhiannon were supposed to go to Kamloops this week end but Katherine (Dean's sister) is too sick. *sigh* I was looking forward to having a quiet week end to myself - just me and Andrew. No cooking. Oh well. Rather selfish view.

That's it. Chick out.

No comments: