Friday, September 23, 2005

Clogs

Clogs are very nostalgic for me. When I was little (3 - 4) and we lived in North Van, Mom had this pair of clogs - I think they were white. I loved them and any chance I could get, I would wear them (much to her dismay). I begged her that when I grew up, she would let me have them. She was always very non-commital. Of course, clogs then went out of fashion and I never thought of them much when I was older and somehow Mom's clogs went the way of shoes.

Then, at New Years when we stayed at Mom and Dad's we were going swimming one night and Kaetlyn had nothing to wear on her feet as she had been on the motorcycle with Dad earlier in the rain and her shoes were soaked. So Mom lent her the clogs Laura gave her from Sweden. Kaetlyn raved about loving them and I also admired them so she gave them to us as she said they were too small for her. Kaetlyn instantly claimed them and they sat in her closet unworn for most of the year. I took them from her (her feet are size 9 - 10 so if they are too small for Mom...) and have been wearing them from time to time. I really like them and I get that same silly feeling I did at 3 or 4 and I am always looking at my feet and at their reflection in the mirror. And I think of Laura everytime I wear them too and wonder what it would be like in Sweden where people evidently still wear clogs. I like the way they make my legs look, too - if my calves were just 1 and 1/2 inches longer, I would have really great legs...

Anyways, those are my silly thoughts about clogs.

No comments: