Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Warning: More Garden Pics

I just couldn't help myself.... One of the first things I do in the morning is to stroll around my gardens, seeing what has changed from the night before and who needs water. This morning 2 more poppies had burst open. Aren't they stunning? I'm in love!








And this is the peony that was getting ready to open in the last gardening post. And okay, I have to admit, it is pretty spectacular!












And to not be prejudiced against what nature provides, aren't these clover blossoms pretty, too? And doing such wonderful things for the soil as well.











And look! Peas! I LOVE peas! I even ate one of these. And it tasted great!
















This is the first year I have grown nasturtiums - the edible flower. And I think I like them, too. They are just so startlingly bright amidst all the green.

And then it rained and it rained and it rained and nothing will look the same tomorrow morning. I can't wait to go see what the rain did.... And now I had better go to bed...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i check my garden every day too. sometimes things seem to take forever to bloom.

Dragonflydownunder said...

I LOVE peonies!! Thank you, i have copied your great peony pic to my flora file so I can look at it more often!! too bad photos don't pass on the scent too! THanks

Andrea said...

Thanks, Marty! I'm glad you enjoyed it.