Monday, August 22, 2005

Canteloupes

I went to the Farmer's Market this morning, early with Rhiannon. I love going and getting all the fresh produce so cheaply. Right now in the Okanagan, cantaloupes are ripe. There is NOTHING like a 'vine ripened' canteloupe - the flavour, the juice, the way the melon just melts in your mouth. (Almost as good as a peach). I served my family cantaloupe and blackberries for breakfast. Those go so well together! Delicious!

Still haven't completed my taxes - Dean's part is so complicated. I probably should have had it done professionally. I think I can finish it today. This will, of course, totally screw up my CTC (otherwise known as family allowance) and my pharmacare. I won't get any CTC until probably October, now. sigh.

I would really love to do the triathlon in Vancouver but there is really no way I can. I really appreciate you calling me, Katie and including me. I REALLY want to do a triathlon relay with you and Laura. Lets plan one for absolute sure for next year. I will be thinking about you both. I hope you can actually swim that far, Laura. If she is unable to, what about Dad? He's a good swimmer.

Gotta get to work.

No comments: