Wednesday, February 01, 2006

Skiing

Well, I am going skiing today. This will be the first time that I am going skiing since before I was pregnant with Rhiannon - so since 1998. It is the first time I am going skiing since injuring my knees. I am only going cross country skiing - something I disdainfully dismissed as 'too much like work' before. I don't think my knees could take down hill where your knees act as shock absorbers for your body. I have organized the ski program for the homeschooling group so I don't actually have to pay for myself, which is nice. I am taking cross country lessons with Rhiannon while Andrew boards. I am excited and scared. I am scared I will get out there and it will hurt too much or I will be required to move my knee in ways that I can't. I really hope it works. A woman was telling me that she had a knee injury and that by cross country skiing she was able to rehab her knee enough so that she could run again... I would really like that! I'll let you know how it goes.

No comments: