Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Knee Update

First the Good News:

1. My physiotherapist went over the radiologists report and it doesn't say that there is a thinning of the meniscus. Thank God! I am so grateful to Kees Huisken at Vernon Physio. I don't know where I would be without him. He is so incredibly knowledgeable and generous with his time. He says there is nothing unusual in my x-ray report and it doesn't explain why I am in pain.

2. I found a supplement that really works. And it isn't glucosamine or chondritin or any of the regulars that you would think or that people usually recommend for joint pain. It is something that I have never heard of before. My friend Nora told me about it. I am using Serra Force by Prairie Naturals. It is their form of the enzyme serrapeptase - a natural anti-infammatory. I've been taking it since Saturday and my swelling is down and my pain is greatly reduced. I've also been drinking 2 cups of fresh ginger tea everyday (another anti-inflammatory), drinking rooiboos tea and taking extra vitamin C. In fact, today, I have almost no pain at all. My knee feels normal.... almost. Right now, anyways.

3. Dr. Gross from Mt. Sinai called (well, his nurse did) and he ordered x-rays of his own. I am so grateful that he is going to take a look and figure it out.

The bad news:

Only one thing. I still don't know what has caused the pain in my knee. I hate the unknown.... And I am not patient. I want to know NOW!

1 comment:

Sarahstottle said...

yeah, I want to know what's going on too!