Sunday, January 07, 2007

Symbols for 2007

Life is very symbolic for me and this is an especially symbolic time of the year! I washed windows to see more clearly. I finally hung up my mirrors (after moving in April) so see myself reflected more accurately. The biggest thing I did was clean the basement. After Erin storing stuff and then taking it and my brother moving in and out and on top of stuffing things in there for the winter, it was in great need of a cleaning. So I cleaned - I swept up mountains of dirt and I unpacked boxes and organized shelves. And Dean and I made a trip to the dump. All very symbolic - as I clean out my foundation in preparation for the year ahead. And my computer offered up its own symbol for the new year. I didn't have to get a new computer - just a new hard drive. A larger one with expanded capacity. All our data was able to be saved and transferred. Isn't that a great symbol? New expanded capacity? Things that appeared large are now small. A great symbol for the new year. Expanded capacity. A new perspective on the size/importance of things...

I always pick a symbol for the new year. It has to be something that 'comes' to me - that arises from my reflections and meditations. This year my symbol is a circle. To symbolize coming full circle, completion, a return to the beginning at a deeper level with a richer perspective. What is your symbol for the New Year?

2 comments:

Mary-Sue said...

Wow! That's so inspiring! What a wonderful way to view your cleaning. I'm going to take your inspiration and apply it to my own life. Thank you.
Do you wash your windows too? in order to see things more clearly? That's what I'm doing today. The insides, that is...
xoxo

Andrea said...

I absolutely do - that was the first thing I mentioned! And I put up the last of my storms, too.