Monday, January 29, 2007

The Last Christmas Decoration


Every year I play a little game with the Christmas decorations (you think they are inanimate and incapable of playing this game with me? Well, wait until you hear my tale...) My game is to not miss a single one as I put them away. Somehow they seem to conspire and trick me into leaving one of them out, unwittingly. And it hangs for weeks unnoticed until...

This year I left the box out for 2 weeks after cleaning up. I got all the usual suspects - the stocking hanging on the front door... the stained glass decoration hanging in the kitchen... the Christmas hand towels in the bathrooms... the tea towel that hangs from the stove... All these usual suspects that have tricked me before - being utilitarian I stop noticing them or by hanging in unusual places I don't see them... Not this year! I was smug. I was so sure I got them all this time. I WON! And then... and then... and then... (I can barely admit it...) I found this hanging on the cupboard door in the kitchen. This little mouse. Once again, the decorations won... The last Christmas decoration...

4 comments:

Mary-Sue said...

oh my goddess! this happens to me tooooooooooooooo! EVERY SINGLE year!! i, too, have grown wiser and don't even assume i've tracked them all down in one day -- i leave my boxes out for at least a week. what escaped ME this year? a little Christmas Star book hiding under the couch AND Christmas socks in the kids' drawers. at least i THINK that was the last of them... hee hee hee

Andrea said...

At least you THINK you won... maybe you just haven't found it yet!

Anonymous said...

i still have my boxes out because i just can't believe i've gotten them all.

usa online pharmacy said...

Thanks for this helpful information shared by you.