Monday, October 31, 2005

Time to myself

Well, I didn't end up getting very much time to myself! On Sunday, I slept in to 10 after staying up late to finish the book Drew and I were reading together. Of course that turned out to be only 9am which was nice. Drew left the house around 10 after having soft boiled eggs for breakfast with me. It has been ages since I made a soft boiled egg. In fact, I think I had never made one before. The yolk wasn't quite cooked enough and I had to feed most of that to the dog... Anyways, I was slowly getting ready for the day - tidied the kitchen and dining room and was just starting on the living room and deciding what I wanted to do now that I was gloriously alone when I got a phone call. Rhiannon had been throwing up since 1am - she had thrown up 6! times! She was very weak and sad sounding and she wanted me to come and get her. Poor little Rhiannon. So what could a mother do? I bathed and ate and drove the 90 minutes to Kamloops to get her. When I got there she just wanted to leave right away. Katherine had given her a gravol for the drive home so she was rather glassy eyed. I sang to her most of the way home until she told me she had a really bad head ache. So I stopped. And that was the end of my time to myself. Hrmph. I don't get enough of that. I'm going to have to arrange for some more sometime soon.

Anyways, just a short update 'cuz I don't know when I will be able to do it again as a busy, busy week looms before me.

Ciao for now.

No comments: