Sunday, December 18, 2005

A Philosopher's Cafe

I went to a most lovely event today. A friend of mine who now lives in Penticton put on a wonderful celebration for her husband's 50th birthday. She had a 'philosopher's cafe' of sorts. There were 4 speakers - a First Nation's wise woman (published author, Jeannette I-forget-her-last-name), a Bhuddist Monk, a Jewish Rabbi and my friend, Bozenka, representing Christianity. Each speaker spoke for about 45 minutes. I enjoyed all the speakers but I LOVED my friend's talk. She spoke about finding the Christ in everyone. I had heard many of her stories before but I was moved to tears anyways several times. I come home filled to the brim with love and inspiration.

I was especially glad that I did it at this busy time of year. Luckily I agreed to drive her there (she doesn't drive) months ago when I wasn't thinking about how busy I would be. When the time came close, I wondered what I had got myself into and if I should back out. But I am not a backer outer. I was so glad that I arranged things so I could go. It was wonderful to recharge and take that time out for myself - a luxury I would not have allowed myself otherwise. And really such a good idea!

I was so looking forward to seeing Dean when I came home. But he was not here. Their bus was not plugged in so they can't leave until tomorrow morning. I miss him. If I wasn't expecting to see him, I would not miss him quite so much. But I do. I miss him a lot. Our bed won't feel large and luxurious to me tonight, it will feel empty...

I guess it will be all the better when I see him tomorrow, right?

No comments: