Thursday, December 15, 2005

Royal Jelly

This is my unsolicited testimonial of Royal Jelly. In case you don't know what it is - it is the food that bees make for the queen bee who, as a result of this food, lives 50x longer than all the other bees. Studies have shown that people who take Royal Jelly on a regular basis don't get sick nearly as often and if you do get sick, your symptoms are very mild. Studies show that once you are sick, Royal Jelly will have little effect if you START taking it then. I have been taking it since May and I have not been sick since. I have slept in the same bed with a sick man and a sick child and still not got sick - at all. I even had a wee little fish egg on my upper lip. And that's all that happened - one little fish egg that went away the next day. I've NEVER had that happen. I'd much rather take Royal Jelly than drugs! (Unfortunately if you are allergic to pollen [Dean is] or bees, you can't take Royal Jelly. Dean tried one and had a severe allergic reaction.) I take 3 a day. The nice thing about Royal Jelly is that it is not expensive. I buy the Organika brand and it is $7 for 90 capsules which (obviously) lasts me a month. So in this so called 'flu season', I am recommending to all of you - Royal Jelly.

Just wanted to share that with you. There is something else that is troubling me. I haven't been able to get a hold of Martha in 2 weeks (since I spoke to you, Katie) (errr, I mean Jollee..) I have tried calling several times and never got an answer. She hasn't called me which is unusual since she moved. Does anyone know anything? There are so many factors in her situation, my imagination goes a little wild. If anyone has heard anything, please let me know. You can e-mail me if the information is too personal. When I read Amay's post about being worried about something mom told her about, my mind went immediately here.

Other than those pressing issues, the Christmas baking and tree decorating went well. It was very fun to spend the time with Erin. I made a batch of shortbread, 9 batches of peanut brittle a double batch of sugar cookies (and icing) and started the Nanaimo bars. Whew! And then she and Justin took me out to dinner at a new Indian restaurant in town (Vernon's first!). The food was delicious. I got chicken korma and we shared some pakora and samosas. I went from there to the free workshop we were offering last night at the Inner World School. Several people signed up but only 2 showed up... 'tis the season. We had a good talk with those that showed up. It was on Transitions in Family Relationships so I had lots to say.

Well, that's it for now.

slightly tired chick out.

No comments: