Monday, January 02, 2006

Happy New Year

We had a wonderful New Years this year. Dean was gone, of course. (that was not necessarily the wonderful part...) Redfish played Castlemountain this year. (That's by Pincher Creek in Alberta - do you remember dad talking about Pincher Creek?) So Kaetlyn Drew, Rhiannon and I cleaned the house and then bought some snacks and rented some movies (5 to be exact). We rented all 3 of the newest Star Wars episodes and Fox and the Hound and Brother Bear. We watched movies, ate and played games. We wanted to play all of our board games but we didn't get very far. We played Sorry, Uno and Snakes and Ladders. We watched Fox and the Hound and the first 2 Star Wars. Midnight occured during the second Star Wars. We paused, counted down, shouted "Happy New Year" and kissed each other and continued the movie. The next morning we woke up in the late morning and continued eating snacks and watching movies - onto Brother Bear and the last Star Wars which none of us had seen and so we really enjoyed it. Then an old friend visiting from Calgary took us out to Narnia. So within a 24 hour period, I watched 6 movies and several of them were longer than 2 hours! We topped it off by finishing off our snacks and playing Scrabble last night. Our snacks were really good. In addition to the usual - chips and pop, we had a veggie platter with dip, an 'oriental platter' from M & M meats, and 2 shrimp rings. Then the friend from Calgary brought us cookies and more chips! (there are still chips left)

I loved it. It was so relaxed and easy and fun. And we all enjoyed every part together. Rhiannon even watched Star Wars (although she fell asleep during the second one at around 10:30).

I have to say that I LOVED Narnia. I was a little nervous seeing it as I really loved that series of books as a child. I had games built up about them and everything! (I had an invisible pet Lion named Aslan, too.) I have to say that I think that is the best adaptation of a book I have ever seen! I really, really enjoyed it and so did the kids. Rhiannon asked a lot of questions but I think she got most of it and wasn't too scared, either.

Hope all of you had great New Years as well! I was thinking of you all!

No comments: