Sunday, January 22, 2006

More about Sleep Deprivation

Well, I just can't win, it seems. I went to bed on Friday night at 9pm. I could hardly stay awake that late! I kept dozing off while Rhiannon read a book to me... she was rather annoyed. Then she woke up at 11 and I had to get up and put her back to bed. I slept then until 7am. But being woken up just 2 hours after I fell into an exhausted sleep just wrecked it. I was tired anways. It would have been better to stay up until 11 and then have 8 hours of uninterrupted sleep. It is the interruptions that get to me.

Then I went to bed last night at 10:30. Rhiannon crawls into bed with me sometime. I barely notice and keep on sleeping. Then my son! plays music loudly on the computer at 2:30am. The computer is right below me. I had to get up and come downstairs and tell him to turn off the computer and go to bed and threaten to move his bedroom back upstairs if he pulls stunts like this (staying up all night). I put Rhiannon back in her own bed.

I lie in bed. I lie in bed. I lie in bed.

I turn on the light and try reading to put me to sleep. I turn off the light.

I lie in bed. I lie in bed.

I turn on the light and write in my journal all the thoughts that are rattling around in my head. I turn off the light.

I lie in bed. I lie in bed.

I give up on sleep and come down and work on the computer planning the classes and working on the promo for classes at the Inner World School. So now it is 5:30 and I have not been back to sleep. Right now I am not tired but I am frustrated. I know that I will 'hit the wall' as it were. Sigh. At least I have not wasted my time. I had such ambitious plans for today. Now I am worried I will be too tired and I will just peter out. Well at least you got an update!

Sleepless in Vernon...

No comments: